Friday, April 4, 2008

Fresh Air (Another Helium Piece)

Calming breaths soothed our silence.
Starlight illuminated the edges of your smile
and your calloused fingers caressed
the velvet curves of spotted night skies.
Your palms were raised into the black,
stretching out to catch the moon
for me.

And sighs of fresh air were all I could return.

Morning light peered from Earth's upturned grin;
her horizon gave birth to fresh colors.
The shine in your eyes painted the morning,
you could stop time to name every dewdrop,
to count the gentle morning laughs
that brought in each new day
for me.

And sighs of fresh air were all I could return.
Moon-touched fingers find a home wrapped in mine,
and gazes that coat the sunrise search me.
How could hands and eyes that caress the heavens,
that make art of every morning
find the space in their spirits,
for me?

when all I have is sighs of fresh air in return...

No comments:

Post a Comment